Visa for study in Australia

Australia’s overseas student program

The Australian Government has established an overseas student program - OSP that allows people who are not the citizens of Australia or in other words are permanent residents of Australian to study in the home country or Australia.
None Australian resident may also apply to study in Australia under the OSP.
An Australian entry visa is also required to enter in Australia to study under this program. You must have a valid visa before the commencement of the course of study.

For more information about study in Australia visit the official Australian government website for international students. See:

Only Registered courses

Australian government grants a student visa only if you wish to undertake a registered course or part of a registered course in Australia on a full-time basis.
A registered course is an education or training course offered by an Australian university, college, or any other education providing institution registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to international students.
The Department of Education, Science and Training - DEST can provide details of registered courses.

Australia Visa Process

Selecting the Institution

Four types of educational institutes are normally found in Australia.

  • Universities: Theses are graduate and post graduate degree awarding institutions.
    Universities offer numerous undergraduate as well as postgraduate programs covering areas of study for example agriculture, company, economics, training, environmental technology, engineering, social sciences, humanities as well as management sciences, IT, law, math and computing, medicine, technology and visual/performing disciplines.
  • Vocational education and training: These are meant for technical career oriented courses including business, computing, marketing, tourism and hospitality course. They award award certificate or diploma after successful completion of the course.
  • Schools: For formal education. Almost all schools offer English, mathematics, science, arts, technology and language courses. You can also opt to study diverse and multidimensional subjects as digital media, agriculture, graphic design, music and accountancy.
  • English language training: These institutions develop proficiency of language to the non-natives from very basic level to high level of communication skills.

Right Selection of a Course

It is not important what type or level of course you are going to select and at the same time it is also not important that you are selecting yourself or using a counselor or education agent. It is important that you search in details and thoroughly and get enough information to make a wise decision.

Applying Admission

After selecting a course in compliance, you need to apply for admission. Your education agent must assess your suitability to the course. If the targeted institution accepts your application, it will make an offer of embroilment written form.

Common Questions and Answers

Applying for Australian Visa

Contact Australian embassy in your country to confirm that you need a study visa for Australia. It is compulsory for all applicants that they must be enrolled in a full time accredited and registered by the Australian Government's Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Course for Overseas Students (CRICOS)

Permanent Residency

Initial Visa issued is on temporary basis for the period of your course work. After the completion of your course you may think to stay permanently in Australia. You may apply for permanent residency which is an entirely separate process.

All about Australian Student Visa Official Website for Australian Visa for Students

More Educational and Fun Stuff

More In-depth knowledge about what you need. Detailed about test preparation, English Writing, TOEFL, and IELTS. Education and your well being

Analytical Reasoning with Explained Questions
All in this Category