- Fluency in the English language
- Prior transcripts and performance
- Proficiency in subject matter pertaining to a specific academic programme
- Critical reasoning skills
- Attitude and availability
Scheduling for MCAT AKU
AGA Khan Medical College normally announces the admissions in the month of January or February. The entrytest is sheduled in the month of February or March. You must plan to start preparing MCAT AKU early in December.
MCAT AKU held in : Karachi Hydrabad Lahore Multan Quetta Rawalpindi
Registering MCAT AKU
Information on admissions and application material may be downloaded from the AKU web-site www.aku.edu
or procured from specified branches of Soneri Bank
in Pakistan. In addition, the Medical College application package [application form, sample test paper, brochure and the admit card costs Rs. 200 in Pakistan]. This may be obtained from the Admission Office by cash payment in person. If required by post in Pakistan and overseas, please refer to section on mode of payment below.
Submitting an Application
An application for admission must be submitted on the prescribed application form. Candidates are required to write their name on the application form as stated on their Secondary School Certificate. The application must only include the following:
- Attested copies of mark sheets/transcripts as applicable
- The Admit card
The non-refundable application fee for candidates applying from Pakistan is Rs. 2,500 (2011 admissions) and for applicants who will be overseas during the admission process it is US$ 160 (2011 admissions). This is payable by a bank draft in favour of Aga Khan University, or by cash if the application is delivered by hand. Money orders, postal orders and personal cheques are not acceptable. Applicants are strongly advised not to send cash by post.
Score and Reporting
A score of 80% in the test is quite competitive. If your previous academic performance is above 80% than this score will make your admission possible.
No result seperate result of test score is mailed to the test taker. A merit list of successful candidates is displayed at a scheduled date.
At the Test Center
You MUST present your admit card to be admitted to the test center.
No testing aids are permitted during the test session or during breaks, and there is limited space for you to store your personal belongings. Testing aids include but are not limited to the following:
- Telephones, cellular (mobile) phones, or other communication devices
- Notes, Scratch paper
- Calculators or watch calculators, Watches, stop watches, or watch alarms
- Personal data assistants (PDAs)
- Beepers or pagers, Photographic devices, Stereos or radios, Any other electronic devices that could aid testing
- Books or pamphlets, Dictionaries, translators, or thesauri, Pens or any other writing utensils
- Rulers or any other measuring devices